Why Direct Mail Marketing?
With the internet growing every day, many people wonder, “Why should I promote by direct mail?” The short answer is: Because it works. Let’s explore further why direct mail is still one of the main marketing methods of thousands of successful people and companies. Here are seven reasons why you should be using direct mail to promote your product and/or business:
1. There are literally millions of people who do not use computers, and millions more who barely know how to use them because they are intimidated by the explosive growth of new technologies. This is a massive segment of consumers who are looking for a wide range of products, and a way to make extra income from home. They will not find what they are looking for on a computer, but often they find it in the mail.
2. With direct mail you have several distinct advantages over the internet: your prospect has your information as a hard copy in their hands. It’s not just flashing lights on a computer screen; it’s REAL. Not only can they see it, but they can feel it.
3. Direct mail also allows you to target market to exactly the right people. You mail only to those people who have shown an interest in what you have; and with our mailing lists they are people who have actually bought something similar to what you are offering!
4. Direct mail marketing appeals to millions of people who have been frustrated by the intense competition and complexity of internet marketing. It is a simple way to reach the people who are interested in what you offer. Direct mail marketing is growing because more and more people are looking for effective “offline” ways to reach their target market.
5. Direct mail marketing can significantly improve other marketing methods such as sizzle messages, websites, conference calls, and print ads. The combination of direct mail with these other methods often multiplies the results and produces large profits.
6. You get results FAST. First class mail takes only 2 to 4 days to reach your prospect. 95% of your response will happen within a week after that. With most other forms of marketing you have to wait weeks or even months to find out how effective your marketing was.
7. Direct mail fits almost any budget. With most other forms of marketing there are up front expenses that are often in the thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. Direct mail is affordable. Mailing lists are not expensive, and you can mail any number of pieces to fit your budget. Some people simply mail 20 letters or post cards per week for many months. Bigger marketers can mail 5,000 or more every month. Direct mail can fit into almost any budget.